Data Center Technician I
Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure
the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization,
pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers
receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer
service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings, and pioneering innovative financial
products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are
already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for
the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific!
Data Center Technician I
Reports To :
Data Center Site Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Technician who is responsible for completing preventative maintenance checks throughout data center (cleaning, basic troubleshooting, inspection). Once unit(s) are identified as unrepairable, the tech will register a repair ticket in the repair queue. Techs are responsible for addressing units that have been placed in the repair queue, diagnosing unit, and putting the unit in the appropriate status (Repair Complete, In-Repair, etc.). Techs are responsible for bench testing units that have been resolved to ensure the unit is fixed.
Why is this role important to Core Scientific?
A Data Center Technician has one primary responsibility: to support the data center. Our data center technicians are the foundation of our company. Each technician monitors the day-to-day performance of every miner performance.
- Maintenance of data center equipment.
- Running cables: copper, fiber.
- Equipment racking: PDU (including temp/humid sensors), network gear, servers.
- Proactive monitoring of all production systems, including remote hands support when required.
- Creation and maintenance of cohesive and accurate data center hardware map, including asset management for all ancillary hardware.
- Provide first level troubleshooting and support services for client servers and network devices, as well as correction and routing/escalation when situations require.
- Maintenance of company databases with accurate/current information.
- Processing of all hardware RMA’s.
- Work with corporate ticketing system.
- Maintenance of documentation.
- Following all stated policies and procedures.
- Keeping the data center and repair center clean and organized.
- Ensure all tools, workstations, and laptops are kept in order and neat.
- Help with deployment of machines. (unboxing, racking etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of computer service experience in a fast-paced business environment with customer facing focus preferred.
- Willingness and ability to follow guidance from other staff members as well as management.
- Positive and professional attitude at all times, very high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- High attention to detail, basic troubleshooting procedures, and basic computer knowledge.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in IT position.
- 2 years’ experience PC level help desk and repairs preferred.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Work Environment :
This job operates in a data center environment. This role routinely uses standard data center equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones voltmeter’s, hash board testers, scissor lifts, forklifts, ladders, and screwdrivers etc. While performing these duties the employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments.
Able to meet physical requirements of the job, such as working on ladders, racking heavy servers (up to 50 lbs.), running cables, lifting miners, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time, working in hot and cold environments etc.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work :
This is a full-time position with 12-hour shifts with 4 days on/3 off. Overtime as needed.
Minimal travel may be required.