Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Data Center Manager
We’re looking for a Site Shipping & Receiving Specialist who completes initial verification for identification and damage on incoming/outgoing shipments. Processes and confirms receipt/shipping documentation for internal/external customers. Maintains inventory of shipping supplies.
- Assembles, orders, and prepares goods for shipment
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability
- Load and unload trucks
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement, and record-keeping purposes
- Responsible for managing the internal transport of materials
- Completes shipping and receiving reports
- Monitor e-mail queue and log all e-mails within the ticketing system
- Monitor ticket queue and follow-up on open tickets
- Monitors spare parts inventory levels
- Ensures parts levels are maintained above inventory thresholds
- Processes orders for new parts as needed
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
- Foster open, respectful, and professional communication directly within the team as well as with co-workers/ teammates and leaders across the organization.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- Minimum 1 year experience with ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle NetSuites
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time to successfully perform the job requirements
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suites, including Excel
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- High school diploma/GED
- 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g., vocational school/Associate).
Occasional travel between data centers.
This job operates in a shipping and receiving and/or data center environment. This role routinely uses standard logistics management equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, pallet jacks, palletizing equipment, forklifts, loading & unloading trucks, banding equipment, assets scanners and inventory management systems.
Able to meet physical requirements of the job, such as working on ladders, lifting packages, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time, working in hot and cold environments, etc.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. General hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Overtime hours as needed. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demands.
Supervisory Experience (Yes or No)