Senior Backend Engineer - TypeScript
aifleet aspires to change the lives of some of the most underappreciated individuals in today’s workforce – truck drivers. A tech-powered logistics company, aifleet is disrupting the antiquated $800B trucking industry with human-centered AI. Our proprietary technology schedules the most efficient and satisfying routes for our drivers. We’ve already proven our model - our trucks make 60% more revenue per truck per week than industry norms, and our driver attrition rate is just 1/10th of industry averages. We are already demonstrating a model that would eliminate the perceived trucker shortage and the inefficiencies permeating the industry today.
With a recent $21M Series A and exponential revenue growth, aifleet is at an inflection point. With our proof of concept, we are ready to build the world’s largest and most efficient trucking company. We’d love for you to join our low ego, compassionate, and mission-obsessed team during this next phase of growth.
100% Remote or Hybrid Remote/On-site in Austin TX, United States
We are searching for a Senior Backend Engineer with strong experience in TypeScript, NodeJS, and its ecosystem to work on our core platform that functions as a central nervous system for our company operations. This platform is used by our operations team that dispatches our fleet of truck drivers, ensuring they optimize revenue while staying safe, compliant, and getting our truck drivers home to their families each Friday.
You will be part of a small, but fast-growing and agile team of engineers who constantly work to do things iteratively and efficiently. Everyone on the team is obsessed with our mission; we truly believe that together we can completely overhaul the trucking industry.
- Translate business requirements into back-end design and architecture
- Develop iteratively: from something small and simple to something complex and complete
- Function as part of an agile delivery process
- Improve and maintain internal software back-end systems ranging from data collection, business workflows, automation tasks, etc.
- Design and implement APIs and data models at scale
- Build frontend-oriented APIs for serving web and mobile applications
- Create automation for testing, CI, and CD
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Strong experience with TypeScript
- Strong experience in building stateless, scalable, and modular architectures
- Experience with AWS cloud and serverless backends is a plus
- Experience with Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Experience working on complex problems and in a complex codebase
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Desire to learn how road transportation works
- Passion for learning new technologies, processes, and paradigms
- Passion for delivering software products that make a positive impact on people’s life
- Ability to solve complex problems and design solutions both in a team and individually
- Ability to communicate in a clear, efficient, and transparent manner with fellow engineers, developers, internal users, partners, and executives of our company
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes and a deep interest in cloud-based systems
- Proactive and always searching for alternative and better solutions
- Experience leading and growing tech talent
- Strong commitment to testing what you have developed
Benefits + Perks
All full-time employees are eligible for the following:
- A once in a career opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment with a fast-paced, high-growth, and truly mission driven team
- An opportunity to transform the lives of truck drivers across the country, and to help build a model that proves that business success and compassion are not mutually exclusive
- A competitive compensation package, including salary, spot bonus, and stock options
- Lunches in the office 👏
- Medical // Dental // Vision // Life // AD&D insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Team events
aifleet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law