Senior Frontend Engineer
aifleet aspires to change the lives of some of the most underappreciated individuals in today’s workforce – truck drivers. A tech-powered logistics company, aifleet is disrupting the antiquated $800B trucking industry with human-centered AI. Our proprietary technology schedules the most efficient and satisfying routes for our drivers. We’ve already proven our model - our trucks make 60% more revenue per truck per week than industry norms, and our driver attrition rate is just 1/10th of industry averages. We are already demonstrating a model that would eliminate the perceived trucker shortage and the inefficiencies permeating the industry today.
With a $21M Series A in December and exponential revenue growth since, aifleet is at an inflection point. With our proof of concept, we are ready to build the world’s largest and most efficient trucking company. We’d love for you to join our low ego, compassionate, and mission-obsessed team during this next phase of growth.
About the Role
You will be part of a small, fast-growing and agile team of engineers who constantly challenge how we do things. Everyone on the team is obsessed with our mission; we truly believe that together we can completely overhaul the trucking industry.
- Translate business requirements into front-end design and architecture.
- Develop prototypes and demos quickly.
- Function as part of an agile delivery process.
- Work on the front-end part of our internal software systems ranging from scheduling, dashboards, transport management systems, etc.
- Design and implement data analytics and visualization problems at scale.
- Build world-class user experiences on the web and mobile.
- Create automation for testing, CI, and CD.
- Help the backend team to design frontend-oriented APIs.
- ~3-5 years of experience with React
- Experience with React Hooks, higher-order components.
- Basic knowledge of functional programming paradigms
- Experience with Unit Testing and End to End Testing (e.g. Cypress)
- Experience working on complex problems and in a complex codebase.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Experience with AWS cloud and serverless backends are nice to have
- Experience with UI/UX design is a plus (e.g. Figma)
- Desire to learn how road transportation works and a passion for delivering software products that make a positive impact on people’s life
- Dedication to learning new technologies, processes, and paradigms
- Ability to solve complex problems and design solutions both as part of a team and individually
- Ability to communicate in a clear, efficient, and transparent manner with fellow engineers, developers, product, internal users, partners, and leadership
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes and a deep interest in cloud-based systems
- Strong commitment to testing what you have developed
Benefits + Perks
All full-time employees are eligible for the following:
- A once in a career opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment with a fast-paced, high-growth, and truly mission driven team
- An opportunity to transform the lives of truck drivers across the country, and to help build a model that proves that business success and compassion are not mutually exclusive
- A competitive compensation package, including salary, spot bonus, and stock options
- Lunches in the office 👏
- Medical // Dental // Vision // Life // AD&D insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Team events
aifleet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.