AP VAT Specialist
Blue dot is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio,) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. Blue dot helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance, and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
We have a position for a AP VAT Specialist in the Operations department.
The position allows you to develop or further enrich your experience in the field of tax technology and legal tax systems globally.
This position is on a contractor basis / freelance working remotely / home office.
1. Process purchase invoices for the purpose of VAT reclamation, with a special focus on (high value) AP invoices
Analyze transactions for:
- Proper understanding of the supply chain
- Potential PE risk
- Potential VAT registration risk
- VAT correctly charged (local VAT vs. reverse-charge)
2. Contact suppliers to correct invoices with local VAT improperly charged, to apply the reverse-charge (if required using their local VAT legislation on place of supply rules)
3. For relevant cases, prepare supporting additional information regarding selected transactions for tax authorities, to accompany a foreign VAT application based on your own analysis and the client’s / supplier’s input.
4. Keep regular KPI overviews of the invoices processed
5. Staying up to date with VAT/Tax laws and regulations primarily for the EU
6. Review internal information provided to support tax authorities’ questions for completeness
Directly communicate with clients for input and clarifications on certain specific transactions and their supply chain
7. Possibility to be involved in further building and improving current processes
Dedicated working experience in AP processing and/or EU VAT compliance in a multinational company
1-2 years as Tax /VAT expert / as VAT compliance specialist or VAT accounting specialist would be an advantage
Educational level: minimum Bachelor or equivalent, or a very specific relevant working experience
Having working experience in SAP or Oracle would be beneficial
Language: Proficient in English, any other (native) European language would be beneficial
Skills: multi-tasker; pro-active; an eye for detail; ability to communicate in a professional corporate business manner; self-starter; natural drive for process improvement; not afraid to reach out to new business contacts / third parties by phone; take pride in closing a process to the end; taking ownership
AP VAT Specialist
FTE: 40 hours
Work location: remote (Work from home)
International work field
Young and dynamic team
Didn’t find the position of your dreams?
Share your resume even if you don’t see a relevant position, sa new jobs open up regularly. If you believe you are a good overall fit, VATBoxwants to know you.
If you are an agency please do not send us CVs or profiles unless we have an agreement in place, you are on our PSL AND have been instructed to work on our specific requirements. If you are not and are still sending unsolicited CVs via HR, direct line managers or any contact within the VATbox Group and the candidate is subsequently hired we will not be bound to any agreement for any fee.