Who We Are Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings, and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hyper-growth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Accountant with a focus on complex areas of accounting, process improvement, and SOX controls implementation and leveraging system efficiencies. This role requires proficient knowledge of US GAAP, proficiency in Excel, experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system, and strong analytical skills. This role requires someone who loves continuous improvement, automating, and problem-solving.
- Own complex areas of monthly close, journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables.
- Understand accounting and financial principles and how to apply them.
- Review staff accountant journal entries and reconciliations and help provide guidance, training, and mentoring.
- Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Actively engage in developing and maintaining compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. Understand risk control matrixes, internal controls, and experience with process documentation.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures.
- Review contracts, propose and document accounting assessment in compliance with GAAP.
- Analyze complex processes and systems data.
- Makes recommendations to drive process improvement initiatives and execute by building scalable accounting processes to support growth.
- Team player who identifies problems, helps research and drive solutions, and implement best practices for the team.
- Enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business groups.
- Help with ad-hoc reporting and projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting is required.
- CPA with Public Accounting Experience
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excels at performing well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong track-record for process improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Accounting experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients preferred.
- Experience working in industry (involved in month end close) in a public company environment preferred.
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
Austin, TX Headquarters
Hybrid role (in-office weekly, with the option to work remotely certain days)
No travel required.
This job operates in an office location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands; and lift up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday position. You may be expected to work some weekends and after hours as work requires.