Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician (On-site)
Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings, and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Title: Network Operations Center Technician
Reports To: Network Operations Center Manager
Analysts will be responsible for monitoring mining dashboards, network dashboards, weather, physical security, conducting energy curtailments, and implementing initial communications and analysis to the site managers for all incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All technicians will be charged with maintaining the operations center at our HQ office in Austin, TX
- Technicians will coordinate with Data Center Supervisors and power companies to achieve synergy between the data centers and their respective grid
- Technicians will be responsible for monitoring Minder summaries, operational and non-operational miners, miner temperatures, local weather at each site, and hash rates at all data center sites
- Technicians will provide first-line investigation, diagnosis, prioritization, and documentation of all operational incidents using Jira
- Technicians will be accountable for communicating all Jira incidents involving curtailment to the sev0, sev1, or sev2 distribution lists
- Technicians will be responsible for conducting economic, load, and temperature curtailments according to each sites’ SLA requirements
- Technicians will monitor all network devices through Zabbix and assist the site network resources with any issues in resolving alerts
- Technicians will monitor, report, and document all physical security issues using Jira unless otherwise specified by the Ops Center Manager and/or the Director of Security.
- Technicians will be sent for security software training and a certification from that training is mandatory for employment
- Technicians will be required to assign unresolved operational incidents to higher tier support to coordinate restoration of services
- Technicians will coordinate with Data Center Supervisors, DCTs, and network resources on each operational incident’s status and action, tracking it through to resolution
- Each shift section will be required to notify oncoming shift personnel of pending actions or upcoming events applicable to the operations center and the sites it supports
- All handover action items will be listed in an email with management carbon copied for the oncoming shift to complete
- Technicians will be responsible for monitoring weather and site safety action plans at each site
- Ops Center personnel will be responsible for communicating any priority safety or security issues to site personnel to mitigate any potential risks
- Weekly and monthly documentation of problem areas will be submitted for management review
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in data center support
- Strong IT troubleshooting skills – network, platform, storage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Slack, & Zabbix
- Basic knowledge of blockchain principles
- Willing to learn new technologies and applications
Additional qualifications a plus:
- Understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts
- Linux administration experience
- Genetec software experience
- Experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), WAN Accelerators and associated technologies
- Network+, ITIL Foundations, CCENT, Security+
This role is based in Austin, TX. On-site at Core Headquarters.
Minimal travel may be required
This job operates in a traditional office environment
Standing, sitting, kneeling, reaching, use of both hands.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.