Who We Are?
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expensive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI (Return on Investment) on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Director, Site Reliability
The Safety Coordinator will establish, maintain, and monitor a comprehensive safety program across the organization to meet safety and health requirements and apply corrective measures as necessary. The program will include elements such as company policies, service procedures for specific equipment, training documentation, scorecards, and compliance reporting on all safety procedures. This position investigates and documents accidents and implements post-injury follow-up procedures for workers.
- Communicate with OSHA about inspections, complaints, or workplace accidents.
- Perform accident investigations and maintain Accident/Incident/Near Miss forms.
- Review current safety training and recommend and implement revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conduct safety inspections audits, and accident investigations.
- Maintain site safety manuals to include evacuation maps.
- Communicate with worker’s compensation carrier about accidents.
- On-call for workplace accidents and safety emergencies.
- Maintain programs for all equipment ensuring compatibility for environment utilizing FIIX Software.
- Manage third-party contractors’ compliance with Core Scientific’s safety policies.
- Documents safety and risk assessment and performs walkthroughs quarterly at each facility.
- Assign and maintain employee safety training in the online Core Scientific portal and provide compliance reporting.
- Perform emergency drills at each facility annually including Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Train employees in job safety analysis, on-site specific equipment and provide document portal for compliance and tracking of trained individuals.
- Train and certify employees in Adult First Aid CPR, AED use, forklift and scissor lift safe operations and inspections. Document Equipment inspections.
- Develop an Emergency Action Plan that serves as the primary contact, collaborate with change management teams for change implementation.
- Foster open, respectful, and professional communication directly within the team as well as with co-workers/ teammates and leaders across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of experience of Health and Safety commercial or industrial field experience required.
- Multi Location Safety Program management / development experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Trainer certificates required for Lift operators.
- Adult First Aid, CPR, and AED instructor certificate required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of applications used in industrial safety preferred.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree preferred.
- OSHA 30 Outreach for General Industry preferred.
- OSHA 50 Outreach for General Industry preferred.
- OSHA 300 logs experience preferred.
- NFPA/IEEE/knowledge of industrial electrical standards and safety practices is highly preferred.
Denton, TX or Calvert City, KY preferred but Dalton, GA and Marble, NC would be considered.
75% of travel between data centers 25% home office or location office.
This job operates in a professional office/remote and production environment. This role routinely uses standard office and industrial equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, smartphones, ladders, forklifts, scissor lifts, hand tools, electrical meters and testing tools and demonstration materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances, and prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Lift up to 30 pounds. Able to access all areas of the facility. Work at elevations.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. General hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., some nights and weekend calls. Available by phone for calls and emergencies.
Supervisory Experience (Yes or No)