Data Center Technician I - Night Shift
Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Data Center Technician I
Data Center Manager
A Data Center Technician I is responsible for completing preventative maintenance checks throughout the data center (cleaning, basic troubleshooting, inspection). Once a unit is identified as unrepairable, a repair ticket is registered in the repair queue. The Data Center Technician I is responsible for addressing units that have been placed in the repair queue, diagnosing unit, and putting the unit in the appropriate status (Repair Complete, In-Repair, etc.), along with monitoring the day-to-day performance of every miner performance.
- Maintenance of data center equipment.
- Running cables: copper, fiber.
- Equipment racking: PDU (including temp/humid sensors), network gear, servers.
- Proactive monitoring of all production systems, including remote hands support when required.
- Creation and maintenance of cohesive and accurate data center hardware map, including asset management for all ancillary hardware.
- Provide first level troubleshooting and support services for client servers and network devices, as well as correction and routing/escalation when situations require.
- Maintenance of company databases with accurate/current information.
- Processing of all hardware RMA’s.
- Work with corporate ticketing system.
- Maintenance of documentation.
- Following all stated policies and procedures.
- Keeping the data center and repair center clean and organized.
- Ensure all tools, workstations, and laptops are kept in order and neat.
- Help with deployment of machines. (unboxing, racking etc.)
- Foster open, respectful, and professional communication directly within the team as well as with co-workers/ teammates and leaders across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and in a team environment required
- High attention to detail, basic troubleshooting procedures, and basic computer knowledge required
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2 years of PC level help desk and repairs experience preferred
Occasional travel between data centers.
This job operates in a data center environment. This role routinely uses standard data center equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones voltmeter’s, hash board testers, scissor lifts, forklifts, ladders, and screwdrivers etc. While performing these duties the employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments.
Able to meet physical requirements of the job, such as working on ladders, racking heavy servers (up to 50 lbs.), running cables, lifting miners, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time, working in hot and cold environments etc.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with 12-hour shifts with 4 days on/3 off. Overtime as needed.
Supervisory Experience (Yes or No)