Service Mechanic -Full Time Seasonal
Revel’s mission is to accelerate EV adoption by providing the infrastructure and services that make it easy to go electric. While other companies set goals for 2030, we’re focused on change we can make today. We’re also focused on cities, which have the biggest barriers to EV adoption but the most potential for change.
Our Operating Principles
Revel’s Operating Principles represent who we are, how we act, and what we believe. They define our culture.
Empathy. We seek to understand the experiences and perspectives of each other, our customers and the communities where we operate.
Ownership. We are excited by big challenges and care deeply about our work. We empower and rely on each other and hold ourselves to a high standard.
Humility. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. We’re approachable, curious, and know we have a lot to learn.
Adaptability. We expect change and quickly adjust our approach to reflect new information. We know success requires seeing opportunity in obstacles and relentlessly improving.
Simplicity. We clarify and prioritize what can be done now. We strive to keep things no more complicated than absolutely required.
The Mechanic role is an essential role in the operations of Revel. Mechanics keep our fleet of vehicles in top condition for our drivers and passengers. Technicians are responsible for ensuring the functionality and reliability of electric and gas-powered vehicles. Mechanics must have excellent manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions. The Mechanic role is a physical job and lifting and bending is necessary. Driving is also a key component of this role. As such, our technicians must keep a clean driving record, and be conscientious, defensive drivers.
6:30 a.m. -2:30- p.m. or 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
Pay: $19.00 per hr
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues or future issues.
- Keep logs on work and vehicle issues.
- Observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
- Work with the Manager/Shop Foreman and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
- Performing test drives on vehicles for inspections, and other diagnostic tests to identify problems that exist and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Completing preventative maintenance on vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Inspect internal/external vehicle components and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Using shop equipment as instructed
- Operates shop machinery such as tire machine, tire balancer, forklift etc.
- Ensures that shop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous materials
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a clean, valid driver’s license and are experienced driving in NYC.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Automotive Certification (preferred)
- Familiarity with diagnostic equipment such the Versus Edge etc
- Experience with general shop equipment (tire machine, lifts, wheel alignment machine etc)
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
- Possess all necessary tools to work in a shop
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Excellent active listening, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic.
Something looks off?