Cloud Performance Engineer
About The Position
Silk is looking for a talented DB Performance Research Engineer to join our Performance group. The ideal candidate will take an ownership of performance testing, profiling, analysis, research and optimizations focusing cloud technologies and protocols.
- Ensure Silk Datapath product offer best performance on all relevant applications, workloads and setups.
- Enable, develop, customize and adapt applications so that they can run effectively on Silk technology, while emphasizing Silk value.
- Gather and analyze performance data, as well as recommend improvements in Silk product and deliverables to increase performance for specific customer applications and also in general common workloads.
- Specific focus to enterprise relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle DB.
- Benchmark and tune Silk software and hardware to maximize performance in highly parallel environments.
- Develop tools and infrastructure for automating benchmarking and data analysis processes.
- Interact with customers and enable Silk products adoption, with emphasis on performance.
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, evaluations to demonstrate a product value.
- Investigate optimal system and application settings to ensure best performance.
- Work closely with the developers, Product teams to make sure that the customer application needs are addressed by the Silk platform capabilities.
- Expertise in MS SQL server – Installation, deployment, tunning and optimization.
- Good knowledge in performance monitoring metrics and tools.
- Linux and Windows knowledge: Have a general understanding of Linux operation system concepts.
- Coding skills in scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python).
- Quick learning ability, and strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Expertise in Data Center Compute and Networking – advantage.
- Experience of working with Cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure is a big advantage.
- Expertise in storage systems / data platforms internals (databases, storage stack and protocols, filesystems) - advantage.
- Proven track record in delivering production quality server side software - advantage.
- Storage protocols expertise – iSCSI/FC/NVMeOF/NFS - advantage.