Sales Development Representative
About The Position
Silk, is looking for an experienced SDR to help us scale a rapidly growing business in a game-changing space. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us.
We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is a Sequoia-backed company. Since releasing its software solution in Q4 2020, we’ve experienced hyper growth due to the acceleration of companies moving mission-critical workloads to the cloud. We’ve just landed an oversubscribed $55M funding round enabling us to invest in the top talent.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Data Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, applications can move to the cloud while massively improving the end user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, financial services, and healthcare trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers demand.
Joining our team will make you an integral part of taking Silk to the next level. The SDR is a critically important role within our company, as the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is typically the first sales contact with prospective customers, and is a great opportunity to start a sales career at the ground-level with support to learn and grow over time.
The SDR team will leverage sales and lead generation tools, events, programs and Channel Partners to identify and qualify potential leads for the sales team. They will engage prospects over the phone, email, LinkedIn and chat to qualify prospects, adding them to the pipeline in order to achieve revenue goals.
This position will report to the Manager of Sales Development.
Location: Greater Boston area. We have a hybrid office/remote work schedule. 2-3 days in the Needham Office. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
This role’s primary job responsibilities are focused around building a constantly growing, robust sales pipeline. This includes targeted outreach to key accounts, value-based messaging to accounts that show interest in Silk, as well creative outreach to accounts in territory that would benefit from our solution. You will engage with key stakeholders at qualified accounts who will be introduced to and supported by our sales executives, starting with an initial meeting.
- Prospect and qualify potential customers, leveraging various sales and lead generation tools.
- Generate qualified opportunities for the Enterprise Sales team
- Proactively prospect new business opportunities with Velocity and Enterprise accounts via cold call, email, prospecting tools, & marketing leads provided
- Participate in SDR team huddles, meetings, and training sessions
- Partner with SDR Manager and other departments to enhance SDR Toolkits/Playbooks
We provide enablement and career development as a part of our program. Silk looks to develop great talent that can grow with our company and take on new roles here as their skills and experience develop. Previous experience and/or training is however, a plus.
- Driven to achieve and surpass goals
- Excellent customer-facing and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized around time management
- Passion for working in a fast-growing environment
- Strong computer skills will aid success
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- If you are motivated to learn, work hard and be a part of fast-paced, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you.
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive Benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
Per recent pay transparency law changes across the United States, this position pays:
OTE: $70,000-$80,000 includes bonus earning opportunity and base pay.
Final compensation packages are always subject to candidate experience, skills, and location.