Technical Account Manager (TAM)
About The Position
About The Position
Silk, is looking for our first TAM. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us. We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is a Sequoia company. Since releasing its product in Q4 2020 we’ve experienced hyper growth due to the acceleration of companies moving their mission-critical workloads to the cloud. We’ve just finished a significantly oversubscribed $55M funding round. Silk platform enablement of customers cloud deployments was especially relevant to customers in the last two Covid years and today’s turbulent times.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
About the Role
We want our first Silk TAM to “be one” with their customers; but they will not be without support or resources. This key team member will also work closely with Customer Success, Cloud Infrastructure and Solution Architect teams. This first TAM role also comes with the great opportunity to build this function from scratch.
At Silk, we want TAMs who will be technical customer advocates, someone who ensures customers get the full benefits of the Silk platform. We feel this will give our customers the best experience possible and create a more interesting experience for the TAM. At its core, the Silk TAM is responsible for the overall growth, quality, and satisfaction of the client’s experience – essentially creating a positive and memorable experience for each Silk user.
Primary Responsibilities: the Silk TAM will,
- Be the customer’s trusted advisor within Silk
- Oversee a smooth and successful deployment process
- Deliver complex technical conversations tothe client in a simple way
- Document and maintain the customer solution architecture
- Encourage customer to use Silk product capabilities that will help them achieve their business goals
- Ensure the customer feels heard and supported
- Remain as knowledgeable as possible about Silk’s product to ensure the client receives real value regularly and can then deliver that value to their clients.
- Ensure customers are using Silk’s Best Practices, upgrading software versions, etc.
About You: You’re what Silk is looking for if you have a strong combination of the following experiences and skills.
- 5-7 years of related experience in professional services or customer success, enterprise technical support or as a TAM, and is looking for a new challenge OR experience as a Solution Architect/Sales Engineer seeking the chance to work more closely with existing customers.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- A methodical and organized individual
- Driven self-learner and creative thinker who enjoys building workflows from scratch
- Highly technical with the ability to communicate technical terms in plain language (cloud, database, etc.)
- Experience with digital transformation projects or similar activities
- Experience with CS management tools such as Gainsight, Totango, ChurnZero or Planhat is an advantage
- Experience with process & workflow automations is an advantage
Location: Ideally our Silk TAM will be local to our Needham, MA HQ and is willing to work a hybrid schedule with 2-3 days out of our cool office. We will also consider other candidates from the East Coast time zone. This position will report to our VP of Customer Success.
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
Per recent pay transparency law changes across the United States, this position pays:
OTE: $150,000 to $185,000 (This position is commission eligible. The OTE includes Base + commission.)
Final compensation packages and split are always subject to candidate experience, skills, and location.