Customer Support Engineer (L3)
About The Position
Silk, is looking for an experienced Cloud Technical Support Engineer to help us scale a rapidly growing business. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology, and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us. We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is capitalizing on the opportunity. Come build with us.
About the Role
As a Level 3 Technical Support Engineer, you will be a member of a talented team that solves interesting and challenging technical issues for our customers. You will work directly with customers and internally with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, and help resolve customer issues effectively and professionally.
You will also work with colleagues in our Customer Success, Cloud Infrastructure, and Development Engineering teams to implement and influence new offerings using Silk solutions and other supporting technologies. You will identify and drive product and customer experience improvements by providing insights in a well-articulated, data-driven manner that identifies the product/service challenges of our customers.
- Provide in-depth technical support and work directly with customers, remotely as well as on-site, if required.
- Independently investigate and troubleshoot customer problems to resolution.
- Perform corrective maintenance activities with customers involving the Silk software platforms including those involving advanced hardware issues.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, such as software upgrades and best practice implementations.
- Collaborate with Global Support and Engineering on advanced issues.
- Provide in-depth product knowledge to facilitate the following:
- Understand and deliver on customer needs and requirements for the company’s product and with elements of the customer’s environment.
- Effectively advocate for improvements on the customers’ behalf to Engineering and Product teams.
- Write technical whitepapers and application notes.
- Strong team building skills working with an inclusive, global team is paramount.
- Excellent customer service skills and a customer-focused attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills: troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution determination while using good judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (spoken and written English is mandatory, but additional languages are a plus)
- Effective learning skills and the willingness to learn new things and adapt quickly.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase the technical skill level required.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative.
- Required Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet networking.
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows server operating system
- Preferred Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Knowledge Enterprise SAN Storage fundamentals
- Knowledge of scripting skills including Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of container protocols (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL databases
- Knowledge of Kibana and elastic databases
- Five or more years’ experience working in a “customer-facing” role as a technical support engineer.
- Experience in systems deployment/administration, network operations, software support or IT Consulting with recent work experience in a customer-facing role is a major plus.
- Your onboarding will include structured instruction on our documentation process, Silk technology, and processes.
Silk is a Sequoia company. Since releasing its product in Q4 2020 we’ve experienced hyper growth due to the acceleration of companies moving their mission-critical workloads to the cloud. We’ve just finished a significantly oversubscribed $55M funding round. Silk platform enablement of customers cloud deployments was especially relevant to customers in the last two Covid years and today’s turbulent times.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers’ demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
Per recent pay transparency law changes across the United States, this position pays:
Base: $120,000-$150,000 plus equity
Final compensation packages are always subject to candidate experience, skills, and location.